Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ten Days Left





Ten days. Ten short days left… can you believe it?!

I can’t.

I can’t BELIZE it! Haha… sorry, I’ve been wanting to do that for a really long time. Had to get it out of my system at some point. ;) 

But really though. It feels like just yesterday I was
running frantically through Wal-Mart with my mom trying to buy last minute supplies for the summer.


Or I was on a plane in the middle of the night, anxiously waiting for my arrival in this beautiful country.

Or on Caye Caulker with the entire staff and all of the Belizean pastors, learning how to speak Creol as they laughed at my ridiculous accent…

It feels like no time at all has passed since my wonderful friends from Chattanooga and I made our way to our first meal at Pastor Ermilio and Consuelos house.

And since I was reunited with Camilo again in San Luis.

And hugging Jamylee so tightly in Libertad… then staying up
late talking to Lani about it that night.

I can’t believe it has been this long since my week off on the Caye, when Kelly and I went to San Pedro and both got sick off of that sketchy ice cream we ate. (hahah)

Or the morning I had that two hour breakfast with those nice people from Lebanon at Happy Lobster.

It seems like I was JUST watching my own youth group walk off of the plane in Belize with overwhelming excitement as Pastor Angel laughed at my emotional self

And I watched as the lives of people I actually knew were transformed in one week…

And we shared tears, laughter, and love, all on the roof of Pancho Villas Hotel.

I can still remember so clearly how delicious that barbeque chicken was at Tabernacle Bautista the night my friends from Virginia and I first arrived in Belmopan.

And the smile on little Joselyn’s face when I handed her two new pairs of shoes.

And the feeling of the hot wind on my face while speeding down the dirt roads on the back of Jose’s motorcycle because my group “accidentally” left me… hahaha (I still forgive you guys don’t worry!)


Yet here I am now, in a cute little village called Yo Creek, almost ready to say goodbye to another phenomenal group of people. And to say hello to my seventh, and final, group of the summer...

It is June 4th, and I can still see the semi-anxious look on Elizabeth’s face as I shouted for the first time “One day down, sixty nine left to go!”

Well, guess what now Elizabeth?
Sixty days down – ten left to go.

We did it. J

Now let’s finish off this summer strong!




3 comments:

  1. aw, this is beautiful shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe, shannon! i know you've had an incredible time in Belize! i miss you so much and hope to see you soon! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon i miss you sooo much!! come and see use in chatt town soon

    ReplyDelete