Friday, July 20, 2012

Off to the capital!

Well, we had to send John Knox back home yesterday. It was such a bittersweet moment... bitter because I got really close with all of them and wish they could have stayed longer, but sweet because it was truly one of the best trips I've ever been on and I know every one of the JKPC kids had an amazing week!! The last two days were finished off strong. We did more home projects and finished the burglar bars on the church as well as some overall cleaning up.

The farewell church service Tuesday night was beautiful. Many of our students went to the front and shared what this trip has meant to them.  Then, a bunch of the Belizean church members went to the front and spoke about how grateful they are and how we are "family" to them. There were sooo many tears it was amazing. Some of the kids cried from the moment they entered the church until the moment they left because they were so sad we were leaving. It broke my heart! The deep connection between John Knox and El Buen Pastor has definitely built up throughout the years and I feel blessed to be able to witness it. Love was all around us and sincere joy was felt by everyone that night.

I wish  I had more time to write about all the things I want to write about, but in about 30 minutes I am leaving the Caye to pick up my next group at the airport. They are from Virginia! We will be in Belmopan, the capital of Belize for this trip and I'm super excited! Please continue to pray for the groups coming down, all the children and people that we work with in Belize and for me and my health. I have been doing great these last few weeks as far as my health goes! I can't believe Monday marks 7 weeks that I have been in Belize... only 3 left after that!

Hopefully I get more time to write soon, I don't know when I will have internet next but it might not be until next week. I would love to upload pictures too when I get the chance. Busy busy busy!

Love you all :)
-Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment